Whistler became world famous as host town for the Winter Olympics in 2010, but this place has a lot more activities to offer than just skiing & snowboarding.
However, we do highly recommend that you head up for a couple of laps! Here’s our top picks for winter fun in Whistler.
- Ski & snowboard on Whistler AND Blackcomb – Whistler Blackcomb is one amazing ski resort; 2 mountains with 39 lifts and over 200 runs combined, with the Peak to Peak gondola running between Whistler and Blackcomb mountain. This place has something for everyone – from beginner to expert, and the spectacular views takes your breath away. Make sure you jump on the Peak 2 Peak, the highest lift in the world of its kind with the longest unsupported lift span. Enter this competition to win 2 free passes to go skiing/boarding on Whistler Blackcomb!
- Ice skate at the Olympic Plaza. Open daily all winter long, free admission and skate rental is only $5!
- Cross Country Ski at Lost Lake and Callaghan Valley. Both have trails for all abilities, as well as all the gear you need for rent. Lost Lake also has 4 kilometres of trails available for night skiing.
- Snowshoeing is also available at both Lost Lake and Callaghan Valley, as well as in many other spots such as Cheakamus River and Rainbow Falls. Dress warm, bring lunch and go explore!
- Dog sledding in the beautiful Callaghan Valley. A tour with Canadian Wilderness is usually 2.5-3hrs and takes you through the forest and over snow covered open fields. You’ll learn the commands and if you’re lucky you might even get to have a go at how to handle a dog sled
- Snowmobiling is another popular winter sport around here. There are many different tours that you can take, and there’s something for everyone, from the Wilderness Run or Backcountry X to the cozy snowmobile Fondue dinner – snowmobile up to the Crystal Hut on Blackcomb mountain where you enjoy a delicious fondue dinner before riding back down to the village. Enter this competition to win 2 free passes to go snowmobiling with Canadian Wilderness!
- Heli & Cat Skiing will give you memories for life with thousands of vertical feet of untracked powder and incredible scenery.
- Scandinave Spa is the ultimate way to relax, unwind and warm up after a day full of snow fun! With hot and cold baths, saunas, steam rooms and waterfalls this place is like nowhere else and you’ll leave feeling refreshed and completely rejuvenated.
- Coca Cola Tube Park is located at base 2 on Blackcomb Mountain, has over 1,000 feet spread over 7 lanes and is super fun for everyone! Its open 10-6 (11-6 on weekdays) from mid-December to mid-April.