Exciting News! IEC visa applications will be accepted from 1 March 2021!
The International Experience Canada program is opening for visa applications for the 2021 season!
Some of the pools for new candidates who wish to apply will open on 1 March at 9 am EST!
The IEC program normally opens for visa applications in November or December. However Covid-19 restrictions meant that applications didn’t open in 2020.
As Covid-19 is affecting travel across the globe, there are some new measures being introduced to the program.
In this article, we will go through everything you need to know about the IEC program for the 2021 season!
You May Also Like:
HOW IS COVID-19 AFFECTING WORKING HOLIDAYMAKERS IN CANADA?
What’s new for the 2021 season?
On 1 March, pools for some countries will be open for new candidates. However, some countries will have to wait longer than others. Examples of the countries whose pools for new candidates will open on 1 March include Ireland, Italy and France.
Some of the changes include:
- You must have proof of a job offer in order to be invited to apply for this year’s season
- You must quarantine for 14 days on arrival, which include 3 nights stay at a government-authorized hotel
- You must show a negative Covid-19 test upon arrival, taken not later than 72 hours before departure flight
- You must undergo another Covid-19 test upon arrival (advisable to register in advance for it)
- You must undergo a second Covid-19 test on the Day 10 of your quarantine
If the result of the second Covid-19 test is negative AND after spending 14 days of quarantine, you will be free to start work.
Visa quotas have been agreed upon with each participating country for the IEC visa program.
Quotas for the 2021 IEC season/ Working holiday route
Note: the quota for New Zealand is not available yet, there is expected to be an update about these quotas on Friday 26 March. The Quota for Australia is unlimited.
What is the IEC visa program?
The IEC visa allows working holidaymakers, young professionals and interns to live, work and travel in Canada for up to 24 months.
There are three categories of the IEC program:
- The working holiday program
- The young professionals program
- The international co-op program
You may be suited to the working holiday visa program if you want to work for more than one employer in more than one location during your stay.
You should also have proof of a job offer which is a new requirement due to Covid-19.
The young professionals’ program requires that you will work for the same employer in the same location during your stay.
You should also have proof of a job offer and you will not be self-employed during your stay in Canada.
If you’re applying for the International Co-op program you must have a job offer for a work placement or internship position in Canada which is part of your studies.
It is aimed at students who are registered at a third level institution. You should also work for the same employer in the same location during your stay in Canada.
Who can apply for an IEC visa?
In order to be eligible to apply for the IEC visa you must:
- Be a resident in one of the participating countries in the IEC program
- Hold a valid passport for an eligible country for the duration of your stay in Canada
- Have the equivalent of CAD $2,500
- Be aged between 18-30 (in some countries the age limit is 29 or 35)
- Have a round-trip ticket or sufficient funds to purchase one
- Have an insurance, covering your stay in Canada
How to apply for an IEC visa?
If you are planning on applying for the IEC program, we recommend you ensure that you are eligible for one of the three categories.
To get started, you should begin the process by submitting your profile to the IEC pools, you may be eligible for more than one pool depending on your country of origin. You should submit your profile as soon as possible to increase your chances of receiving an invite!
Once you submit your profile, you must provide a valid job offer in order to proceed further and if you receive an invitation to apply during the rounds of invitations.
You may receive an invite at any round. After you receive an invitation you should apply for a work permit and make all necessary payments.
You will then wait for your application to be assessed and you may have to correspond with IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada)as they may have questions for you.
If the application process sounds confusing, don’t worry! You’re not alone! You can get a visa specialist like Visa First to apply for your IEC visa on your behalf!
All you have to do is visit VisaFirst.com and fill out the short form to get started!
Who can help me with my IEC visa application?
Visa First are a leading provider of visa and immigration services. They offer a range of visas and travel documentation for their customers.
They will take care of your IEC visa application, ensure the application process is stress-free and boost your chances of a successful outcome!
Why choose Visa First?
- Boost your chances of a successful outcome
- Simple process – your account manager will guide you through your application
- 20 years of experience in the visa and immigration industry